When Information is lost, or not accessible, you must go ahead without it, find it, or recreate it – all wastes of resources. It has been estimated that the average executive spends 6 weeks per year finding lost information. Knowledge Management is a strategy that can help and provide more fundamental business unit enhancements.
“A conscious strategy of getting the right information to the right people at the right time so they can take action and create value.”**
ELEMENTS OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
– Linked, accessible information sources
– Document management
– Search capabilities
– Interaction / collaboration
– Methodology for ongoing information capture and publishing
– Work toward defined business goals, solve business problems
– Remember that access to people, not just documents is needed
– Take steps toward Knowledge Management – a lot can be gained from a small focused start. The nature of the technologies involved is open and allows for future growth.
HOW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
EBS provides services and Instant Intranet Builder, which can help you make Knowledge Management a cost effective reality. Give us a call at 800.524.9095 or e-mail us to discuss your specific needs.